I texted Vet1 from the previous entry to thank her for all the help she gave us. I also told her that Bambam did not make it.
She reminded me of all the things that we need to do to make our house ready for a new puppy. She recommended that we disinfect all parts where Bambam stayed (That's done) and that we can get a new puppy after 1 month (Though the vet who provided us with Doxyvet said to wait until 3 months). She also told us to throw out all of Bambam's vitamins since we can't really use it anymore because it might be carrying the virus.
What I love about Vet1 is that she sent me a note through my teammate about the things that I need to consider when getting a new pet puppy.
THINGS TO CONSIDER (WHEN GETTING A NEW PET PUPPY)
- Puppy must be ~3 mos of age.
- Dewormed with an "all-wormer" starting at 2 weeks, 4 weeks and 6 weeks of age.
- Hat at least 2 shots of "5 in 1" (Canine Parvovirus, Canine Distemper, Leptospirosis, Canine Infectious Hepatitis, and Influenza) at 6 weeks of age and 8 weeks of age.
- No hernia, dewclaw or other anatomical abnormalities
- No ticks, fleas, dandruff, scales and flakes; no alopecia or falling hair.
- Make sure vaccination record is properly filled up and each vaccine has the vet's signature and license number.
She also recommended that next time we get a dog, we get a poodle or a boston terrier or a pomeranian.
I've definitely converted to be a dog-lover.
DA GANDA blogged @ 10/25/2006 05:46:00 PM